Your personal information and your right to privacy are really important to us. This document (or page, whatever) governs the privacy policies and practices of our website: https://yachtware.management. Read it. It will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
This policy was last updated on November 28th, 2018.
Information We Collect
Panic not–as a visitor, you aren’t required to provide us with any personal information.
The personal information that we do collect depends on your interaction with the website and/or the web app. That information can include name, email address and contact details. That’s it.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our website we automatically collect certain (normally non-personal) information which you might not necessarily notice. For example:
- Cookies 🍪
- Third Party Tracking Tools
We also use third party tracking tools (such as Google Analytics) which we go on about later in this massive document.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- To get in touch with you.
If you submit your email address in order for us to get in touch, we’ll use it to, well, email you.
- To improve user experience.
We may use the information information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our website and app.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, we could justifiably be required to disclose your personal information (by law). In which case we’ll squeal like piglets.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For the purpose of this policy, we are a Data Controller of your personal information.
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information, as described in this policy, depends on the information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it. We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you.
- The right of rectification, whatever that is.
- The right to object (an object?)
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent (fair enough).
We can’t imagine you ever would, but you absolutely have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We employ third party tools and services (as mentioned before). These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform tasks on our behalf and are obliged not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website and app. This data is shared with other Google services (of which there are loads and loads) and they may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of their own advertising network. For more information please visit Google’s own Privacy & Terms.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites that are not under our direct control.
Our Email Policy
Our affiliates and we fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us and/or our affiliates. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.